The X Factor 2012 Top 4 contestants hit the stage again tonight to sing for America’s votes. Each act will perform two songs each — one chosen by their mentors and the other chosen by themselves.
And your votes are important because who you decide to keep after tonight’s performances moves on to next week’s finals. There will be a final three competing in the grand finale, so only one person leaves tomorrow night. Who will it be?
The X Factor 2012 Top 4 Performances
- Tate Stevens — Bonfire — 1-855-843-9301
- Carly Rose Sonenclar — You’re Song — 1-855-843-9302
- Emblem 3 — Baby I Love You Way — 1-855-843-9303
- Fifth Harmony — Anything Could Happen — 1-855-843-9304
- Tate Stevens — Fall — 1-855-843-9301
- Carly Rose Sonenclar — Imagine — 1-855-843-9302
- Emblem 3 — Hey Jude — 1-855-843-9303
- Fifth Harmony — Impossible — 1-855-843-9304
Tonight the X Factor 2012 Top 4 take the stage to sing two songs each. One is a song chosen by them and the other will be a song chosen by their mentors.
Two acts will move on to the finals next week, so song choice is as important as ever. So what will the Top 4 be singing tonight? We don’t have any actual X Factor 2012 spoilers, but we do have some hints right from the artists’ mouths.
Tate on his song choices this week:
- I picked a great song for me. L.A. picked a great song for me. We agreed on both, which is always great. We actually changed my song yesterday. It was a great change. In mentoring yesterday, we kind of figured something out. He said, ‘I don’t think that’s it. I don’t think that’s the right one.’ So, we came up with another one and it is definitely the right one.
Emblem 3 on the song they chose:
- Drew: It’s the first song we ever wanted to do on this show, but we haven’t been able to do it until now. We already know this song, inside and out. I’ve written a rap for it. We get to play instruments on it. It’s a sick song.
- Wes: It’s everything we’ve been wanting to do.
- Keaton: I’m playing bass. Drew’s on guitar. And, Wes is rocking lead vocals.
Carly Rose on her songs this week:
- I think we wanted to go back to the bigger moment type songs, so I chose one that meant something to me, and that could be a moment on the show. I love this song. We’ve showed them contemporary, now they know who I’m going to be as an artist so now we can go back to the big songs because now we’re just trying to win. I think we picked the songs that can do that.
Fifth Harmony on the song Simon chose:
- Lauren: We were kind of nervous about his choice, but I feel like we changed it up enough so it could be cool.
- Camila: The things we’ve done with the songs this week are going to be a big surprise. They are both very different.
Be sure to check back later tonight for live coverage of the Top 4 performances and a little later for a full recap of the show.
The X Factor 2012 Top 4 take to the stage this week to sing for a shot in next week’s season finale episodes.
Who will you be sending on to next week? Emblem 3, Carly Rose Sonenclar, Tate Stevens or Fifth Harmony?
The acts will again be singing two songs each — one chosen by them and the other chosen by their mentor.
With only two performance shows left in the season, tune in next week, Wednesday, Dec. 12 (8:00-10:00 PM ET live/PT tape-delayed), when the Top Four finalists battle it out in the semifinals. Tune in to the LIVE results show the following night, Thursday, Dec. 13 (8:00-9:00 PM ET live/PT tape-delayed), as hosts Khloé Kardashian Odom and Mario Lopez announce the next act eliminated from the competition. Plus, don’t miss a special performance by Grammy Award winner Bruno Mars.
All this excitement leads up to THE X FACTOR two-night grand finale airing Wednesday, Dec. 19(8:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) and Thursday, Dec. 20 (8:00-10:00 PM ET/PT) on FOX, when a new winner is crowned! The star-studded two-night event will feature special performances, surprise guests and more before America’s vote is revealed.
Be sure to tune in Wednesday night for live coverage of the X Factor 2012 Top 4 performances and keep an eye out for the full recap later.
Last week on X Factor 2012 we said goodbye to CeCe Frey and Diamond White. The two eliminated acts stopped for their exit interviews and discussed their experience on the show and what happens next.
CeCe, who was eliminated first as the person with the least amount of votes, remains hopeful about her future.
“Obviously it sucks to go home, but this is far from the end of my career,” CeCe says. “I’m very excited for what comes next.”
CeCe received the most harsh criticism from the judges throughout the season, and I often thought that was part of the narrative they were working up for her. Her remark on that makes me think I was right.
“I’ve always gotten harsh critiques from simon and LA,” CeCe says. “I don’t always agree with them but I thank them for making me such a polarizing character. I’m happy that I have had such an impact.”
Mmmhmm. I thought so.
Diamond seems just as happy as she always is, despite being the person technically eliminated at the judges’ hands.
“I wanted to win. But my second goal was getting to top 5 or top 6. I did that, so that’s a good sign,” Diamond says. There’s only one winner. I’m just glad I’m one of those people that got to the top 5.”
Find out what else CeCe and Diamond had to say in their videos below. Be sure to check back here on Wednesday night for live coverage of the Top 4 performances. Also, stay tuned for any news and updates from what’s going on with the X Factor 2012 this week.
Thursday night on X Factor 2012, the Final Four were announced as two more acts were sent home based on America’s votes and the judges’ input.
CeCe Frey was eliminated first as the act with the least amount of votes. That means that Demi Lovato’s Young Adults team has been wiped out. Later in the night, Diamond White was also eliminated, leaving Britney Spears with just one person left in her teens group.
So that leaves us with this Top 4: Tate Stevens, Carly Rose Sonenclar, Emblem 3 and Fifth Harmony.
The rest of the episode was mostly filler. It all started with a huge filler flashback about all the performances from the night before. That was followed by the return of last season’s X Factor winner Melanie Amaro, who debuted her new single.
Following Melanie’s performance and a break, Mario and Khloe got the show on the road. The person with the least amount of votes and first person to go home was announced, and as I said above, that was CeCe.